This is messy so don’t get it on your clothes (and certainly don’t eat!)
Borax powder (this is a cleaning solution so should be in the supermarket next to washing powder and detergents)
Food colouring (colour is optional)
– Measure 275ml of cold water into a jug, and stir in 3 tbsp of Borax.
– In a separate bowl, add 5 tbsp PVA glue and 5 tbsp cold water and stir until smooth.
– Add a few drops of your food colouring into the bowl and mix until it is all the same colour.
– Add the borax solution from the jug into the PVA mixture in the bowl, one tsp at a time, whilst stirring consistantly.
– Keep adding the borax mixture until it is thick enough to hold in your hands.
– Knead it with your hands. If it feels sticky, rinse it under a cold tap to get rid of the excess glue.
– Make sure it doesn’t dry out by storing it in an airtight container.
– Always wash your hands after you’ve touched it.
If you want an even quicker, easier way, then simply mix water with a few drops of food colouring, and then add more and more cornflour until you get a slime consistency. You get a very weird consistency which looks like liquid but seems like a solid when you touch it – very odd! Go here for more instructions.
You can try many other types of gunk and goop!