Just saw this set of questions on Lupin Cottage Designs (but I’ve English-ified them a bit!), and I thought it’d be fun to answer them, so here goes:
1) LAST FILM YOU SAW? ‘Mamma Mia’ the musical and it was brilliant! Musicals are my favourite type of film anyway so this was destined to be enjoyed. It was just so much fun to watch because it didn’t take itself seriously, it had all the ABBA hits in so you could sing along, and they cast the roles no matter if the actors could sing or not! My favourite bits were Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth singing and dressing in Lycra (oh dear), Colin Firth (British thinking lady’s crumpet) coming out of the closet, and of course, Julie Walters.
We were sat behind a couple (I would say they were about 75) and the woman would crack up in fits of giggles EVERY time Julie Walters came on screen or talked or moved, and this of course made the rest of the cinema crack up laughing too!
2) WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? Size 14 is Not Fat Either (by Meg Cabot). And after that I have Anybody Out There (by Marian Keyes) lined up.
3) FAVOURITE BOARD GAME? Probably Cluedo. I also like games where you have to answer general knowledge questions e.g. Trivial Pursuit. And although they’re not board games as such, I love Battleships and Jenga.
4) FAVOURITE MAGAZINE?I don’t buy any magazines, but I do have a look through my mum’s ‘Hello’ if it’s lying around!
5) FAVOURITE SMELLS? Roast dinner, baking cakes, cut grass and success (couldn’t resist lol).
6) FAVOURITE SOUNDS? Steel drums, birds in the morning, laughter (awww…) and any music except rap.
7) WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Embarrassment. Well this isn’t the WORST but it happens too often to me!
8 ) WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE? Breakfast.
9) FAVOURITE FAST FOOD PLACE? I don’t much like fast food bu tI suppose it would be Subway.
10) FUTURE CHILD’S NAME? Erm, well I’d like unusual names definitely. If I have a girl I’d probably use a flower name to carry on the line (from my Nana to me it’s Violet, Heather, Fern). Unusual boy names are really hard to think of though without them sounding wussy or too weird. My brother is Dale but that is becoming more popular. I personally love Merlin but that’s just me!
11) FINISH THIS STATEMENT—’IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D……do a bit of travelling in luxury – first to New Zealand where I have wanted to go for years (and their emblem is the silver Fern so it was meant to be lol). And also to New York, Iceland, Norway, Finland, Australia (to visit the Neighbours set!), Canada, loads of different bits of North America, Switzerland…loads of places really!
I’d also buy a green Nissan Figaro, a stone cottage with turrets, lots of land with a tarmac track on (for roller blading etc), clothes (obviously) and I’d also restore and refurbish my parent’s house.
Oh, and pay two private investigators to follow each others movements hehe.
12) DO YOU DRIVE FAST? I am too scared to drive!
13) DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? ‘fraid so. I have Little Bear in pyjamas, an Easter rabbit, Abu (from Aladdin) and Gromit (from Wallace and Gromit). I also have 3 baby blankets. Now that is just sad lol.
14) STORMS–COOL OR SCARY? Soooo scary I hate lightning and I hide under my duvet!
15) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? Well I am currently insured on a Vauxhall Corsa but am too scared to drive. The first and only time I have been on the road on my own I thought I had broken down when actually I had stalled, and this caused me to hold up pretty much the whole town centre for a few minutes. And when I got home I was shaking. Arg, NEVER AGAIN!
16) FAVOURITE DRINK? Orange or pineapple juice.
17) FINISH THIS STATEMENT-IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD…Well, I do have lots of time but it’s just money holding me back at the moment. If I had money and time I could travel and I’d also buy supplies for all the different crafts I want to try. Then I’d set up my shop to sell crafts and my own range of clothes. If only 🙂
18) DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI? Mmmm…yes. I actually quite like veg.
19) IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOUR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE? I’d go very blonde if I would suit it…which I wouldn’t. So I probably go a bit browner with highlights.
20) FAVOURITE BANDS/SINGERS? Erm, I like lots of different songs from different bands and singers, but I think my most-liked are: the Beatles, Razorlight, the Hoosiers, the Killers, Adele, Beach Boys, Take That, Robbie Williams, Willis, Jimmy Eat World, Billy Joel, Michael Jackson, Bryan Adams, Feeder, Gabrielle, T-Rex, Gnarles Barkley, Kaiser Chiefs, Less Than Jake, Snow Patrol, the Calling, the Feeling, the Fratellis, the Klaxons, the Kooks, Travis and lots of Motown. Woah that’s a lot!
I also like lots of soundtracks (especially from Billy Elliot and Shrek) and Disney songs (especially Hercules). My favourite song at the moment is A Town Called Malice by Jam, and Reet Petite by Jackie Wilson.
21) FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH?I don’t watch sport.
22) WHATS UNDER YOUR BED? Who knows?! I just began clearing underneath (I have two single beds together), and there’s boxes and boxes of old school work and other random stuff. Worse thing I’ve found so far is a packet of open jelly tots that were about 8 years old. They were all brown and swollen, ewwwww!
23) WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN? Sort of, but with vast improvements like better looks, more confidence, more motivation and a quicker brain. I’d be much less shy and quiet basically. I’d also like to have been good at a sport, any sport. I’m too inelegant for anything although I did have a phase of being really good at hitting the ball in rounders!
24) MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL? I like early evening.
25) WHAT WOULD YOUR LAST MEAL BE? Hmm..that’s a toughie. I think it would be prawn cocktail to start. Then a roast pork dinner with parsnips, sweet potato, apple sauce, carrots, gravy, and lots of crackling. Now for someone with a major sweet tooth, pudding is pretty impossible to choose, however I have a feeling I’d plump for (with plump being the operative word) a chocolate fudge cake with cream and a few glace cherries. mmm I’m so hungry now!
26) FAVOURITE PLACE TO RELAX? In bed reading a book or watching TV.
27) FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOUR? Well if it’s hot weather I prefer mango sorbet, but if it’s mild weather I would go for raspberry pavlova or chocolate.
28) JOB YOU WANTED WHEN YOU WERE A CHILD? Weirdly, while everyone else seemed to want to be vet/nurse/doctor, I wanted to be an animator. In fact I wanted to do that until I was about 16, then I realised it would be quite monotonous (I liked stop-motion best), and competitive. Plus I didn’t do art GCSE, which I still regret 😦
29) UNREALISTIC DREAM JOB? Erm…probably a dancer in the West End. Not sure how much further away from reality I could get lol. Rollercoaster designer.
30) REALISTIC DREAM JOB? Have an online shop selling my own range of clothes and my own handmade crafts, or be an entrepeneur, or a chocolatier, or someone involved in making films…Maybe an extra in a blockbuster like Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter – something like that anyway!